Saturday, May 2, 2009

biggest adventure yet.

I just booked a flight to Germany this summer for 12 days. Although this is not my first trip out of the country and Germany is not a third world country I think this maybe my biggest adventure yet. I am going to be flying all by myself finding gates and baggage and getting on the plane with no ones help. I will be using my own money that I have saved from working hard. I am excited! So excited! I love to travel so much. I can't imagine how after I graduate next year I won't have the luxury of having long drawn out break to travel. I also can't imagine having to pay bills and being grown up and not being able to decide one day and book a flight out of the country a day later. Maybe that's not how it will happen. Surely not. Regardless I will have ample opportunity to travel this summer and every trip excites me and is awesome in its own way.
May 16th-May 17th going to drive up to Mesquite to visit friends at the Crossing church
June 12-20 Atlanta mission trip- I will be a sponsor on a youth mission trip where we will be having VBS for an international village and probably doing some sort of construction.
June 30- July 7 Haiti Mission Trip I get to go back to and visit my boys in Guibert. This is the trip I am most excited about! I love this place and these people so much.
July 25-29 Oklahoma for Student Life camp. this should be fun I have never been a sponsor at camp before so this should be an interesting experience to see it from the other side.
July 30- August 11 Germany. I am going to visit my friend Max and he is going to show me Germany. This trip is just for fun.

Then August 11th starts RA training and unofficially starts my senior year of college which is just insane.

Other things that need to be accomplished this summer
- find out field placement
- sign up for NASW
- take 2 classes in-order to get 6 hours for school
- start selling photography in Salado for fund raising
-spend time with Matthew
-rest
-spend some time with family
- road trip to schlitternbahn
- hang out with friends

No comments: