its the small things in life that i really love even though its the big things i am always trying to create. well i want to revel in the small for a minute

Today was a hectic day at the dorm. We had to go through all the rooms and make sure they were "camper" ready. Which probably would have been easier had we not all gone to the lake the night before and weren't so sore that walking was a chore much less lifting beds above our heads (well everyone else... have you seen my scrawny arms they can't a thing) Well when we had a break and Allye asked if I would join her in picking up lunch I gladly obliged. Well we had picked up our lunch and were on our way into the dorm when I found a small egg. Being not to far away from easter we were debating if the eggs was candy or a true birds egg. Allye proceeded to pick up the egg in question and carry it inside.

Well we made it about two feet in the door and Allye dropped the egg and sure enough it was a real egg and it broke and splattered everywhere. I looked at Allye who was close to tears because of accidental murder and started busting out laughing. It was so funny. After a few minutes we decided it was time to pick up the remains. I told Allye we should say a few words about the poor little bird and make it into a full blown memorial service. I had just finished making my final remarks and Allye began hers when Retta and Robyn walked through the door and started laughing at us. We proceeded to tell them the story and I ran up stair to get my camera to document this event.

After we shared the story it was time for lunch and Allye was selected to say the blessing. During the prayer she said something to the effect of " God please forgive me for killing the bird, I know it would have died eventually because it was not in its mother's nest and I just helped it die so it wouldn't be a long painful process" This is where I lost it and laughed the entire prayer. It was such a great comedic break from some gross work with hair balls, poop toilets, hair vacuums and more.
No comments:
Post a Comment