Sometimes my adventurous side gets ahold of me and I run with it. Tonight Allye, Brooke, and I decided to head down to Austin for dinner and a movie. Our adventure started about a block away from freebirds where we were a few feet away from a car that was seconds away from blowing up.t I curled up in a ball in the front seat when I saw the car because everyone knows that a fire can't get you when are in the fetal position obviously. We barely made our escape and our lives were spared just in time for a burrito.
After our burrito we had about two hours to spare before our movie started so we followed congress in the direction of the capitol (capital, its still up for debate) We were about to pass the art museum when I was gifted a free pass into a private members only showing of a new art exhibit not wanting to pass up on my free gift but also not wanting to leave my friends behind I was on quest to find a few more generous donors. The first person I approached was not able to release his admission pass because he was not yet finished viewing the art. I approached a lady next who gladly gave me her sticker with a puzzled look on her face. I only needed one more sticker when I stumbled upon the next couple but they gave me two and I didn't want refuse their generosity. Once we had our free pass in we enter into the art museum and enjoyed some intriguing art pieces based on memory.
After finishing our complimentary tour of the exhibit we again entered our journey of walking aimlessly down Congress street until we ended up in the capitol. There we watched the house of representative concur with the senate on the amendments made on the sunset bill. After an exhilarating lesson in Texas Gov't we headed back to the car in order to make it to our movie.
We watched our movie, enjoyed it, and headed home to central Texas to settle down for the night.
Twitter version : Explosion in the Street. Art Memory. Sunset Bill. Sunshine Cleaning. Home.
No comments:
Post a Comment