Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Building

Yesterday when Danny and Steph were building book shelves it was my job to watch Matthew and make sure he didn't take parts or wreak havoc on the house. Well Matthew got pretty restless watching his parents build and not be able to get in on the action. Danny told me there was a little hammer Matthew could play with while they built but he didn't seem interested. He picked up Danny's big hammer and just started hitting the bookshelf trying to imitate what his dad was doing. It was really humorous to watch because he had no idea what he was doing but he would mimic Danny. At one point Danny knelt down and took Matthew's hand inside of his own and guided him where to hit the wood to build the bookshelf. It was in this moment God was teaching me a little bit about my relationship with him. Like Matthew I try to do it on my own and just start "building" it is pointless and I haven't got a clue what I am doing but If I work within God's plans and let his hand guide my efforts then things bigger than myself can happen. I know this sounds elementary but watching it play out right before my eyes really made this truth hit home yesterday.

No comments: