Wednesday, May 6, 2009
beginnings and ends
At the end of the encounter Eve has with the serpent where she and Adam chooses to take the fruit against God's advice I always find myself thinking how much of an idiot she is. I think I forget the beginning of the story. Eve's only real mistake was being selfish if you think about it. The talking serpent (no wonder people think christians and the bible are nuts-o) convinced her that God's way wasn't the best and she could provide herself with more fulfillment, even though she was already complete. When it is put like that I can identify with Eve. My pride is my stumbling block so looking out for myself instead of pursuing God is very familiar territory. So when I look at that story from the beginning I don't see that idiot woman who brought sin into the world rather I see a picture of me and my everyday struggles. Another good reason to look at the beginning of stories are people like Paul and David. If you only look at the end of their stories and not their beginning it makes it seem impossible to be used by God. Paul was horrid with out Christ though, he killed christians. David he still struggle with sin as "a man after God's own heart". He stole a man's wife and then killed him.I mean if there was Jerry Springer, entertainment tonight, and SNL he would have been the biggest story even beating out Jon & Kate stories. These stories give me hope. I wanna know what changed in David from a shepherd boy killing giants to a wife stealer to a passionate man after God's own heart.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment