Wednesday, June 3, 2009

All of life comes down to just one thing

Not every christian is called to do foreign missions. I have to remind myself of this truth often. It is such a passion for me and in my limited mind I can not fathom a person who doesn't have desire to do foreign missions. I hear people say they don't have the money and I think sure you have the money its just you put it to a million other things. Do they have desire to do missions? probably Are they called? maybe. But then there other people who just don't have the passion to go. Like some people I tell them I want to go to India and they are like why? I am stumped for a minute and unsure how to answer them but its not because I don't have a reason but rather because my only question is "why would you not want to go to India?" But not being called to foreign missions do not release you from missional living. Everyone is called to be a missionary and tell of the good news of Christ. Everyone is called to share the miracle of how they were dead in sin and God made them alive in Christ. So maybe they don't share that news in Haiti but that does not give anyone an excuse not to live in such a way that Christ be glorified. Locally I am guilty of this too. Right now I am on a quest to know more about Christ and make him know in EVERYTHING I do. I don't exactly know how to do that but I am asking God to help me.

Twitter Version: Not called to Africa. Be a missionary in your own neighborhood.

No comments: