Saturday, January 16, 2010

Jezi ak m'wen - Jesus is with me


I don't know what to say. Any and every thought I have had has been on Haiti. The earthquake aftermath has been awful but there has been glimmers of hope throughout the whole thing.

- I witnessed on CNN the Haitians in downtown Port Au Prince marching, singing, and praising God even through this catastrophe.

- I have heard stories of missionaries serving food and following it with a time of worship and invitation and in one case I know of 15 people who responded.

- The boys orphanage and school have been completely spared. This is great not only because it is safe for the boys I love but also it is a safe place for the village, 80% of which have lost their home and possibly family. The school and orphanage is within 15 minutes of the epicenter.

- The sheer response from rescue teams around the world has been amazing.

There are still struggles and there will be for a long time. The people need medical attention, food, water, and shelter.

I am still waiting for my opportunity to go and I will do just that the moment I am asked to.

Right now I am praying for the Haitians and trying to brush up/ learn as much creole as possible so that when I do go I will be a little prepare.

Jezi ak m'wen - Jesus is with me
Jezi se zanmi m'wen- Jesus is my friend

I know more useful phrases in addition to these but these are the ones that are stuck in my head.

No comments: