Nothing about this seems right… I get really angry anytime life in America continues in wake of this tragedy. Genuine concerns just bother me “my water faucet is leaking” in my mind translates into you have a water faucet that brings water to you in a place where you have stable roof over your head. Praise God. There is a friction inside of me mounting. With all my heart I just want to be in Haiti helping but the reality is they need doctors, construction worker, people to rebuild water wells. What I have to give is not an immediate need. There will be a time for it but not now. I gave and I will continue to give. The friction of living my life in the wake of their tragedy is something I don’t really know how to do. I just keep thinking that it isn’t fair. Why am I safe? Why do I have electricity, water, medical help, a mother, a father, money, and help at the end of a phone line? Why me? I know what they need from me right now is money but that just doesn’t seem like it is enough. What do I do? I am praying for Haiti. Even though I don’t understand prayer, I am doing it anyways.
PRAY
Pray for the little boys I have listed below, they are all okay physically but their village is in bad shape and people they love are hurting. They are also very shaken up because of the earthquake itself. I have listed each of their names so you can pray for them by name:
The Boys
1. Mackenlay
2. Isnold
3. Pouchon
4. Valerie
5. Desillien
6. Gueirrier
7. Jolyn
8. Jocelyn
9. Rony
10. Wilson
11. Gardeson
12. Fenol
13. Jn Pierre
14. Wickless
15. Jackson
16. Austen
17. Marrcedione
18. Valme
19. Mckenson
20. Fernando
21. Stanley
22. Guinsly
23. Ecclestiate
24. Valdens
25. Jersino
26. Ken John
27. Rochner
28. Robenson
29. Rosterson
30. Renald
31. Emmanual
32. wilberson
Jean Alix- Over sees approx 7 churches 3 schools and 2 orphanages. He is going to be helping a lot of hurting people over the next few days
Mlynn- Jean Alix wife
Laurie- Jean Alix daughter
Mackley- Jean Alix Son
Junior- Jean Alix brother, works for the government, so he will be extremely busy too.
Elsie- Junior’s wife
Vicki, Gialle, Gregory, Cedrick- Junior and Elsie’s children
Jean Alix has a lot of other family in Haiti too.
The Village of Guibert- around 80% of the houses in this area have collapsed. (This is the village the boys orphanage is in and most of the church people live in this village.)
The Rice Paddy Church- they have a church in an impoverished area and they also have a really new school there. There is a strong voodoo presence in this village.
Martiere- A village with a miracle church that is only there by the grace of God, I have not heard any word on how this village is doing. One of the three schools Jean Alix over sees is in this village.
The girls home in Ferrier.
Rosena- the children’s home director in Guibert
Guierline- a worker at the boy’s home
Widlene- a worker at the boy’s home
Robenson- works with the boys as their tutor and mentor
Pastor Jn Baptiste- an additional pastor in Guibert
Port Au Prince- in general this is a very dangerous city with violence. Pray that the people will work together and help each other. Pray that the people will be open to the gospel as a source of hope in this time of tragedy. Pray for the major losses of family and friends. Pray for the material loss and wisdom in the next step.
Pationville- this is a suburb of Port Au Prince. This place has been hit hard. Pray the same things as Port Au Prince.
The missionaries in Haiti- pray for endurance, wisdom strength, hope, and words. These have been and are going to continue to be rough days ahead. Sleep will be scarce and energy will continue to deplete. Pray for supernatural energy.
Pray for supplies- the people need water, medical assistance, shelter, food. The basics for life and they need it now. The also need diesel for their generators to have power to continue to help people.
Pray for America- pray that God will open the eyes, hearts, and wallets of America. Pray doctors will go and give their services. Pray everyone else will give and give big. Pray that Haiti won’t be forgotten.
Pray that God shows you how much you need to give and then do it. Don’t hold back. Give until it hurts.
Places to give:
To help the people I have mentioned above give to Hope for the Hungry
Hopeforthehungry.org or hope the hungry on facebook under causes
Compassion International
World Vision
And many other organizations.
Romans 12:12
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.
Romans 12:15
Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep.
Colossians 1:17
And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
No comments:
Post a Comment