Wednesday, April 15, 2009

my tribe

Most people have several shallow friendship with many people but Jesus modeled a different way that one of my bible teachers in high school described as a funnel. Jesus went deeper and deeper with fewer and fewer. He was seen and welcome by many. Then he had his followers and inside his followers he had the twelve and inside that group of 12 he has his group of three and even deeper he had John, the beloved. Well I feel as if God has been forming my tribe of people for me as of late, some old and some new. He has given me a large crowd to have influence. Then he has given me a group of closer friends to spend my time with. Then even deeper than that He has given me a select few that know more about me and challenge me to know God more. Then even deeper than that he has given me my own John. I am so grateful to be blessed in this way. To feel understood and also to have a group of people that I can care for deeply. I feel very privileged.

No comments: