Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Answers

So the other day I was reading my a prayer in my journal
10/6/2004
"Please God help me first of all to have a powerful prayer life that will help me follow you in a way I never have before. Open my eyes to truths I have never seen before. Put me in situations that I have never dealt with before that I may be able to point back to you all the good deeds I do not because you require them of me for my salvation but because I love you and would like others to experience the same kind of love and joy you bring to my life. God I want to be effective at my school open up opportunities to me and also help me be ready at all times to respond in the right ways to these opportunities. I want to see you power in a very real way so that through these things I will be able to draw near to you and know you intimately."

since that prayer I have:
-seen biblical truths that I had no idea existed and my love for christ grew deeper as a result
-had the opportunity to serve God in several different places
-Been face to face with poverty and hope intertwined
-became an RA
-served as a chaplain in SGA
.... although it may not have been the timing I expected when praying this prayer God has definitely heard my prayers. and I am so glad. Honestly it must have been the holy spirit praying this through me because He knew that those were just the things I needed to be able to see him and love him deeper.
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

No comments: