Friday, April 17, 2009

I was reading a blog the other day when i cam across this paragraph.

"No matter what he's done, if he's a believer in Christ, he is still holy, blameless, righteous, perfect, and complete in Him. However, he's not experiencing freedom and life because he isn't believing that he is free and alive in Christ. Christ truly is the Source of life, but if we're living as if this life is up to us, we're not experiencing Him as the Source for our life."


They were talking about how because we live in Christ as Christians we are free but sometimes we don't feel this freedom because we are choosing to believe a lie. This concept is amazing to me and helps me release a lot of misplaced anger I had with God because he had promised me freedom but I had never felt free within the mine field I perceived a relationship with Him really felt like. That is because I had been told this lie about God for many years so I believed it was true until I searched the Bible and realized the God I thought I knew and the God of the Bible were totally different. My god was angry and unforgiving. He was easily frustrated and constantly disappointed. He was distant and didn't understand me. But that is not God at all. He is mercy and forgiveness. He is love and grace. He is near and never leaving. He is a person I want to know more. He is exciting and wonderful. This is a God that I want other people to know about.

No comments: