Friday, October 9, 2009


work
This week I FINALLY got to see some people in the hospital.I met two men. It was also during this time I determined I could not be a nurse/doctor/health care provider. The first room I walked into the man had pneumonia and the second room the guy had a rash covering his whole body. On my walk back to the clinic I found myself with burning lungs and my whole body itching... thus ensuring I was not cut out to work with sick people. With that being said I am excited about it getting closer to winter because I will begin getting my own clients with the increase of people in the hospital (not that I am wishing people to get sick but that is just kind of the nature of the beast with the population I am working with) Also I had wednesday lunch with Allye. It was so funny because I was sitting with a whole group of nursing students listening to them tell stories of clinicals when one the people introduced themselves to me and Allye realized I knew no one at that table. It didn't bother me though because all of those nursing majors I eat with are all so nice and inviting. Oh I almost forgot the best story of the week at work. I went over to the hospital (after many painful minutes of being lost and thinking I might have to live at the hospital because I was so lost) to visit Brooke's grandpa. I was just chatting with the family when a Doctor came in and look at me put his hand on my shoulder and said "sorry to interrupt" I said oh its fine...I was kind of confused until I realized he saw my badge and thought I was someone important doing some sort of official business. I felt special.
School
boring.
RA
I am on duty this weekend.
Life
Sarah is setting me up on a blind date and I think this should be interesting. I will be interested to see what happens. Sounds like an adventure.

No comments: