Sunday, October 18, 2009

Broken

Sydney and River's dad left again to do meth for a while. Yup. Sucks. I tried to be more patient this weekend. I tried to give more hugs and affection. I tried to teach a easily frustrated 8 year old how to blow a bubble with bubble gum.I shot a six year old boy with a nerf gun more times than I had any desire to because he thought it was funny. They are vulnerable. They feel the tension. Tomorrow I will pick them up and take them to get ice cream or something. Tomorrow I will also leave back for school. Tomorrow their dad will still be wasting hundreds of dollars on drugs. and there is nothing I can do. Helpless. He will come back wait a few months and the process will start over again. This world is so broken and love hurts. so much.

No comments: