Saturday, June 6, 2009

Dentist

So I have been thinking about how all of life is to know God and make him known- maybe its not as impossible as it seems. (with God's help of course)It is a lot easier when you take it moment by moment and be intentional. For example yesterday I went to the dentist office equipped with my ipod to zone out for the visit. Well I sat down about to pop my earbuds in when I heard God tell me "be present" so instead of zoning out and using the people at the dentist office I tried to engage them. I talked to the dental hygentist about missions and it was amazing and encouraging to see how passionate she was about teeth. She told me how it sadden her that people in third countries aren't not taught basic things to take care of their teeth. She talked about how badly they needed just a foundation of how to take care their teeth but she was speaking with such passion... about teeth. It was crazy. Then we talked a little bit about how she got into the business of teeth. My appointment was very successful I think even though I didn't lay out the plan of salvation to every person I encountered I did share a little kindness.
Another way God is trying to help me grow into him is to pray. I was thinking about something on the way home to fort worth and God jumped into my thought process and told me instead of trying to force it all together by myself he told me "just pray". That is so scary to me because that means I have no power or control over making it happen and you know what I think that is exactly His intentions.

No comments: