Wednesday, March 25, 2009

next door neighbors and lesson of life


The two girls who live next to me lives' seem to be in a constant state of turmoil. It seems like any time they are occupying their room one person is on the phone screaming and crying. This always strikes a nerve in me and I have the urge to clear my room of their deafening emotions with noise, be it music or the tv. This same thing seems to be true on a more personal level too. You see sometimes I find my own emotions in a state of turmoil, more so than I can properly handle. In order to drowned out the noise of the turmoil that is trying to break through I try to "turn up the noise" of my life with busyness and activities so that i may forget the screaming going on inside. I don't know if this a behavior I learned as a child or one I formed as a coping skill along the way but maybe next time I will recognize what I am doing and challenge the maladaptive behavior.

No comments: