Friday, April 23, 2010

The right choice is not always the most obvious one.


I am in the process of applying for jobs
and trying to figure out which one I am suppose to fall in love with.

I have been looking at a lot of jobs that have to do with working with children.
duh.
I have also been looking at jobs that work with people with mental illness
ohhkayy.
The last category of jobs I have been looking is working with people who have infectious diseases.
Really?


The last one... the one working with infectious disease you have to learn phlebotomy
blood...GROSS
I am not a nurse.
I thought that was a deal breaker.

BUT I have not been able to get the position out of my mind
I have had this feeling before
Applying to be an RA
Applying for my internship in the ID clinic
Applying for my trip to Peru.


This feeling isn't a new feeling
It is an invitation from God to be obedient
every other time I have accepted the invitation I haven't regretted it


I am not saying this is the job God wants for me
But I am also not saying it isn't the job he wants for me
I am just going to submit my application there and see what happens
and continue pursuing the jobs that work with children



God never makes sense to me in the first step
but he ALWAYS makes sense looking
sometimes I just have to get down the road before the pictures clear.

No comments: