A huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders.... I finally know when I am going back to Haiti.
I am going back May 19-26th. I have been wrestling with wanting to go back since January 12th. I was willing to hop on a plane that night to just go and help. Well eventually I came to the realization that doing that would be more harm than help so I started waiting as patiently as possible. Then I heard the last week of January Hope would be taking a team and I quietly dreamed of being able to go with them. I found out that it would be a staff only trip. They returned and I heard Dan and an engineer would be making a trip at the end of February and again I hope some how I would magically be able to go on that trip and again no such luck. At this time I knew a student trip was forming for spring break. I wanted with all that was within me to cancel my trip to Costa Rica and hop on a plane to Haiti, but I knew this wasn't what I supposed to do. This was the hardest trip for me to miss because a group full of the coolest most fun people I know going and falling in love with a country I love. I wanted to be there, see the excitement of a first time trip, and love on my boys. Alas I had planned month ahead of time to be in Costa Rica with one of my best friends. (and I am so glad we chose to go ahead with our trip) Then upon returning from spring break I was told that the next trip would take place during my Graduation. I began to really get frustrated. God provided the money, why wasn't he letting the timing line up. Well one morning I woke up to a text asking if I want to go with a team April 19-26th. I just knew that as much as I wanted to hop a plane and go God was calling me to finish strong at UMHB so yet again I had to say no. I began questioning myself and thinking "you say you love Haiti but you turned down three opportunities because they don't fit into your schedule. is this really a priority" As much as I kept wishing and trying to force the timing it never worked. Well today I found out that there would be room on a trip for me at the end of May. The trip is really perfect too! We are doing day camps with the boys! and I am leading the arts & crafts team!!! I mean everything about it seems perfect. God has made it happen. When I finally came to peace with God being in control his results were way better than anything I could force!
1 comment:
YAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment