Monday, November 9, 2009

challenge

I am a confusing person. Last night I was talking to Angie about the card my mom sent me and she was hopelessly optimistic. At one point she started laughing and she told me she thought it was funny I was really good at challenging other people but I wasn't very good at taking a challenge myself. This came about because she told me that I should look at the positive of the card and I started telling her every reason I could not just look at the positive and why the positive wasn't really even positive. Well all that to say I do take a challenge it just isn't in a typical way. When someone challenges me to do something I argue with them about every reason that is a bad idea. I do this because I want to see if they can counter my excuses not because I have dismissed their challenge. I have just noticed it is easier for someone to tell you what you what to do but if you sit and discuss it longer then they have to help you see how you should do it too. So during my discussion I take bits and pieces of the conversation and dwell on it and really try to figure out how it applies to my situation and how I am going to let it mold me. So I do take challenges I just don't typically take them blindly. If you tell me I should do something and I just say okay without thinking about it then I am either dismissing your idea or trying to please you with my immediate obedience and either way it won't help me in the long run.



I don't even know if this made any sense.

No comments: