I have been meaning to talk about this with Brooke but somehow I keep forgetting. Let me give you some background to this story, the year has just begun and around the dorm that means we pick a theme for the semester. Well this semester our theme is enjoy, it is simple and lovely.. i think. Anyways on our bulletin board under each of the RA's picture there is one word that kind of describes us and it is also a way we enjoy life. Well a girl that I know through eating lunch with her last year saw it and we began to talk. Brooke still wasn't sold on her word so she asked the girl what word she would have picked and she said "encourage" (just like I told Brooke) well anyways once she got to me she said she had just the word for me. Well the word she said was "lazy" at first it made me a little mad but I just laughed it off and told her that couldn't be further from the truth. The more I have been thinking about that though the more I have decided to take that as a compliment. You see the funny ironic part about that is the entire time I have known this girl I have had three jobs that keep me extremely busy on top of a full load of classes at least 15 hours along with active church involvement. The reason I take this as a compliment is because it showed me that although I had so many things pulling me in so many directions I never let it slow me down or stress me out. I had the ability to be so laid back and chilled out that this girl didn't even know I had so many responsibilities that I filled. So that's that. God took what the devil meant for evil and turned it into an encouragement for me.
Totally off topic I want to decorate something like this
No comments:
Post a Comment