Monday, August 31, 2009


This weekend I went home to attend a baby shower, get my dress fitted for my brother's wedding, and take his engagement pictures. Well when Ashley, Joey, and I went for me to get measured for my dress the lady measures my chest, hips, and waist. Once she was done measuring she looked up at me and said " well you are a 2 in the waist but you measure below a zero in the chest" oh my sad little chest. ha. It was nice to see all my family this weekend.
In other news this was the first week of school and boy was it busy! The Sunday before the first day of classes I asked a small group of friends to come and pray over me. That evening felt like such a holy moment for me and my small community of friends. It made me wish that we did stuff like that more often and also convinced the power and need of prayer in my life for myself and others. The following day I started my internship with the hospital. My day started by filling out paperwork and getting my badge. By lunch I had psyched myself out so much that I went to lunch by myself just to calm my nerves to make it through the rest of that day. I just so badly want God to use me in this internship and know that it is completely out of my control which drives me crazy in a good way. I am definitely learning the necessity of depending on God's timing and power. That first day I got to meet 6 different clients and realized that people who have HIV/AIDS are all so different and do not fit a cookie cutter description. Tuesday was my first day of class and it calmed my nerves after peeking at my syllabus on mycampus. Wednesday was less nerve racking and more learning at the internship. Thursday is a great day because it is only half a day of class. I also had the chance to babysit. Then later that evening I went swimming with my little Toli and Rowan!
I think I plan to tell you stories of my internship as much as possible without breaking confidentiality or HIPPA.

No comments: