Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Community

I joined SGA. Short sentence, yeah, but there is a lot behind it. I've been at school at UMHB now for almost a year and a half and here is the thing I long for community so badly. One might think that when leaving home I was leaving a great "community" behind with how deeply I long to be known. I came from a place where people knew who I was and we had a great time but there was little to no deep discussion, accountability, or anything of that matter. Maybe it is over the years that I lived in that false sense of community that has shown me that solely having people around me who recognize my face isn't what I want. i want to have fun yeah but I also want to be known. I want to be able to go to my friends and show them who i really am and what I struggling with. I want to be real and sincere. I don't want to wake up and put on a face everyday that says" I'm okay" because you know this is life and I am not okay everyday. I want to around a group of people who understand that. A group that challenges me and I challenge them for the purpose of growth. i want my number one concern to be seeing their growth and pushing them closer to our God that we so desperately want to know. Something I personally am not doing right now. So I joined SGA to put myself out there just a little more, hopefully meet more people and begin to start these relationships instead of sitting in my room just longing for community.

No comments: