I had no intentions of these post to be in any way interlocking but then again I really had no intentions going into this blog. To be perfectly honest I have been reading other peoples blogs for about six months and I figured I would jump into it and try it out for myself. I don't know why I am telling you this seeings that I am the only one who knows this exsist but it might be different one day so I will explain myself as if I'm talking to a crowd. Weird thing about this whole writing experience is i think it is beginning to become some sort of therapy. I went to counseling a couple times but I don't know that I am ready for that yet. I have serious trouble voicing things. I have always been better at writing them down. As difficult as it is sometimes to decipher my writing between the left out words and horrendous spelling I will continue to write because like I said no one is reading anyways.
Well back to what I was going to write about before I went off on that randomness. My parents I love them so much they are great parents but growing up and looking back on my experience I've been a little disappointed at times. They have my whole life gone above and beyond the call to provide for me physically, something that I am very greatful for. but after looking back on my life I have begun to get very bitter because I feel like they did not do as great of job providing for me spiritually or emotionally. This has been troubling me for some time but it hasn't been but within the last year that I have acknowledged this disappointment. Once i did acknowledge though it has been perpetually bothering. Why weren't they there for spiritually or emotionally as I feel they should have been? Bitterness has been building up along with anger and disappointment. Well God has finally open my eyes and heart to the reason behind it and hopefully changed my perspective on the whole situation. My parents were not able to provide for me in those manors because they were not really emotionally or spiritually strong enough to teach or be responsible for another human being.( I'm not talking about surface level emotions but the deep ones that are rarely addressed in my family) God knew that my parents weren't really capable of doing that and used that as an oppurtunity for the body of christ to step and be who they are called to be. There have been several people at church concerned about my spirtual welfare. Also my family has seen our share of tragedy and if there was anything that I learned from all of them was that my church family would be at the door or just a phone call away just waiting to help my family when were in desperate need.
Through the body of christ I have been comforted, loved, accepted, taught, stretched. I have been brought in and felt like a part of a family that had no biological ties to me. I have been forced to examine my life ( uncomfortable but well worth it) I have been cared for more than anyone even in a family is expected to. I have been told things that I didn't want to hear but so desperately needed to hear. My well being has been a concern of others when it wasn't even a care of my own. I have had multiple dinners made. I have clothes washed. I have had parties thrown on my behalf. I have a shelter in crazy times. I have had a shoulder to cry on. I have had people willing to listen to me at all hours of the day. and much MUCH more.
So instead of being upset and hurt that my parents weren't in place to provide for me emotionally and spiritually. I am trying and hoping that I can be forever greatful that my God is so great that He would be concerned about putting me in a community of believers that could provide for me.
No comments:
Post a Comment