Thought one:
The other day while I was at the hospital I was comparing our hospital to the hospital on Grey's Anatomy. Just like on grey's our hospital is a teaching hospital. I went into this year nervous and scared to death just like my TV friends from Thursday nights. As the year progresses I am able to go into the patients room with more confidence but most of the time I don't know what I am doing (there is so much freaking stuff to learn at a hospital... esp if you have no medical training.) I have found one major difference though, there has not been a rich established doctor who wants to have frivolous sex with me, which is a good thing since it goes against my morals, standards, and religious convictions.
Thought two:
I really want to find a sport/ physical activity that I enjoy and can partake in on a consistent basis. I have been on this journey, search, pilgrimage for a while now. The search began in first grade with cheerleading. My relationship lasted two season before we broke up.... halfway through an all-star game. I got my trophy at half-time and then hid under the bleachers for the remainder of the game thus successfully ending my career as a cheerleader. My next sport to try was soccer. Soccer was even worse than cheerleading. During an entire season my team lost every game AND we scored a total of one point ALL SEASON. I didn't get the memo that you were suppose to sign up for soccer the moment you could walk. This is probably why I was so awful at the game because I waited until age 11 to start.
Upon arriving at middle school I devised a new plan where I would sign up for every sport offered. I played volleyball, basketball, cross-country, and track. Middle school is also known as the peak of my athletic career. I was the tallest person out there in middle school and lucky for me everyone was uncoordinated...myself included. During these glory days I was on A team basketball ( with the most rebounds), A team volleyball (with an amazing serve) , and A team cross-country. I also placed just about every week in track. Like I said the peak of my pathetic athletic career.
Then high school happened. I went to a small private school so everyone was able to play. I decided I would drop cross-country because you had to wake up extremely early to practice and I just wasn't that devoted. I continued with volleyball, basketball, and track. I remained uncoordinated though whereas everyone else seemed to outgrow that phase. I quit basketball after my sophomore year, took a break from volleyball my junior year, but continued with track.
Upon moving to college I pretty much swore off physical activity the first two and half years. Then second semester of my junior year I took an online walking/jogging/running class where I had to run 3-5 times a week. I recruited Sarah Wooten as my running partner and Brooke would join us on the elliptical thingy. During this time I also tried to fall in love with yoga. I bought the pants and a DVD, I even went to the free class at the gym a few times. Yoga was not a relaxing as everyone made it out to be, mostly it just made me look like a fool. I quit yoga. So I guess after looking over my athletic career my best bet is to stick to running for my outlet of physical activity. Maybe I'll train for a 5K or a half-marathon.... probably not.
No comments:
Post a Comment