Matthew drawing

Graduating May 2010

Allye in Costa Rica March 2010
Sydney & River in the snow February 2010
2010 was a big year from the very beginning.
Last year around this time I was just arriving home from a wonderful trip in Peru.
Then January 12th happen. The horrible earthquake in Haiti. I remember being so scared, crying in Tracie's arms not knowing if the boys were okay or not. I was glued to CNN for weeks absolutely heart broken by the loss in Haiti. Haiti is still today this day suffering losses because of the earthquake but also because of the oppression that was already present in the country.
In February a photo of mine was featured on the front page of etsy which ultimately resulted in gamestop purchasing limited to rights to the same photo for $5,000. This money would be donated to Hope for the Hungry and a portion used to fund my trip in May.
In March Allye & I had the adventure of a life time in Costa Rica and barely made it out alive to tell about it.
April brought the end of my internship at ID.
In May I said goodbye to UMHB and my position as an RA. I moved into the Davis home in Salado.
Also in May I went to Haiti for the fourth time and met the girls in Ferrier for the first time. During that trip I fell in love with Ferrier.
June was a month of job searching, interviews, and uncertainty. During this month I also was hired part time at a local pediatric pych facility.
July was spent working shifts at my job and sending my brother Joey off to Australia again.
August the frustration of not having a full time job started to set in. I also received my LBSW during this time.
September I was hired at my current job & started training.
October: my birthday, many nights at brooke's apartment, & work
November work & thanksgiving. & the amazing brooke fraser concert
December work & Christmas
2010 held for me hard times, relaxation, wonderful memories, and several major accomplishments. It was a year of ends and beginnings. It was also a year of hurts, healings, and God's absolute faithfulness was displayed constantly.
No comments:
Post a Comment